Power. Progress. Change.
3-6 June 2019 • Vancouver, Canada
View All Program Elements
[Sponsored by Evofem] Innovations to transform the lives of girls and women.
Three Cheers for Ten Innovations!
At this lively mixer, attendees will enjoy a hands-on experience, testing out ten different mobile innovations with the potential to change the world for girls and women. Developers are invited to submit their apps for a chance to showcase in front of thousands of global changemakers.
Not only is Appy Hour one of the most popular events at Women Deliver, it can help catapult careers. In 2016, several Appy Hour presenters received additional funding to scale their products as a direct result of participating in Appy Hour.
Appy Hour Guidelines
Appy Hour presentation is open to attendees of the Women Deliver 2019 Conference including representatives from civil society organizations, private sector, academia, and research. All types of mobile applications are welcome so long as they are focused on improving the lives of girls and women.
To be considered for showcase at Appy Hour, you will be asked to provide brief descriptions on the following:
- The problem your app aims to solve
- How your app works, from a user-perspective
- Your target user group is and how many people would benefit
- An analysis of the current market and competitive landscape
Submissions must also adhere to the following guidelines:
- Submissions must be developed software applications that will advance progress for girls and women.
- Apps must be operable in English.
- Representatives of accepted submissions must not request prize money or reimbursement for travel or other conference expenses.
- Apps must be original and solely owned by the submitter or submitting organization.
- Apps must be fully operable, no prototypes, and available on an app store.
- Apps must be new, with less than three years on the market.
- Submissions must not violate the intellectual property or privacy rights of other parties.
- Representatives of accepted submissions must agree to attend the Women Deliver 2019 Conference to showcase app.
Appy Hour Evaluation
The selection of apps will be based on the following elements:
- Interface, functionality, and ease of use
- Scale and uniqueness of problem the app addresses
- Potential to change the world for girls and women
Appy Hour submissions will close on Friday, 28 December 2018.
- Submission Opens: Thursday, 15 November 2018
- Submission Deadline: Friday, 28 December 2018
- Selected Apps Announced: by February 2019
- Appy Hour: Tuesday, 5 June 2019
Get The Latest
Be the first to know about new developments, who will be speaking, and what opportunities to take advantage of.